This dish has me thinking Spring! It’s bright, tangy and packed with flavor. The dijon mustard lemon sauce tastes so great with the pasta and the chicken. Add in the tasty veggies and this dish checks all the boxes.
While I used pan roasted chicken as the protein you can also use sautéed shrimp or pan fried tofu as well!
Fun Fact: Mustard has been show to speed up your metabolism and aid in digestion! So dig in.
What You’ll Need: Serves 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Cavatappi pasta
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 1 bag of spinach
- ½ of a large onion
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- In a large sauté pan, combine 3 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zest and the juice from one lemon into the butter and olive oil.
- Next, you’ll add in one tablespoon of Dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the sauce together and let it simmer over low heat.
- In a separate pan you’ll pan roast your chicken breast until they are fully cooked. The timing will vary based on the size of the chicken breasts. But you will want to make sure they are not pink in the center before serving. Once breasts are fully cooked set them aside so the meat can rest before you slice it.
- In a separate medium sized sauté pan add in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Medium heat.
- Add in your mushrooms and diced onion.
- Once the veggies begin to brown add in the white wine and deglaze the pan.
- Next, you’ll pour the cooked pasta into the Dijon lemon sauce and stir well.
- Then you’ll add your mushroom and onion mixture to the pasta as well.
- Finally, you will fold in your spinach over low heat.
- Cut your chicken breast into evenly sized slices and place it over the pasta.
Finish it with a touch more lemon zest and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish. Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO