Looking for new dessert recipes that are perfect for fall? Try my mini date crumble recipe. It’s easy to make and just the right amount of sweetness. The date filling is so good and tastes amazing with the flaky soft crust. Topped with a homemade crumble, this dessert recipe is a winner.
Kartago Foods Delget Noor dates are sweet, delicate and delicious. They are also organic certified, which I really love. Not to mention, they come pitted in the bag; which makes them very easy to work with and saves time in the kitchen. For this recipe, I sauteed the chopped dates in water and coconut sugar, and the consistency of the filling came out perfectly.
About this Date Crumble
When prepping this dish, be sure to use six, 4-inch oven safe paper baking cups. If you do not have them handy, you can use an 8×8-inch baking dish instead. When prepping the crust, you will gently press it into the bottom of the paper baking cups. Par bake it at 350 for 10 minutes. While it is par baking, you will make the date filling. Simply sauté the dates, water and sugar in a pan. Next, combine the crumble topping. Assemble the dish by adding the date filling to the par baked crust then topping the dish with the crumble bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the date crumble is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
- 8 ounces dates, Kartago Deglet Noor Dates
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened, 1 stick
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup AP flour, all purpose
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup quick rolled oats, whole grain
- ¼ walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup AP flour, all purpose
- oven safe paper baking cups
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray six, 4 inch paper baking cups with cooking spray. Set aside. If you do not have paper baking cups, you can use an 8×8 square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, coconut sugar and vanilla together. Slowly add the AP flour until a dough begins to form. Evenly split the dough into six portions and then gently press the dough in the bottom of the baking cups. Bake for 10 minutes or until the center is set.
- Next, prepare the filling. In a saucepan, add the chopped dates, water and coconut sugar. Stir frequently, until the dates are soft, and the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Then, prepare the crumble. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, oats, chopped walnuts, and AP flour. Using a fork mix everything together until a soft crumble forms and all of the butter is evenly distributed.
- Finally, assemble the dish. Spoon the date filling on top of the par baked crust. Top with a sprinkle of the crumble and repeat until all of the cups are filled. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the crumble is light golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!