Looking for new dessert recipes that are perfect for fall? Try my mini date crumble recipe. It’s easy to make and just the right amount of sweetness. The date filling is so good and tastes amazing with the flaky soft crust. Topped with a homemade crumble, this dessert recipe is a winner.
I love baking with the Kartago Foods Delget Noor dates because they are sweet, delicate and delicious. They are also organic certified, which I really love. Not to mention, they come pitted in the bag; which makes them very easy to work with and saves time in the kitchen. For this recipe, I simmered the chopped dates in water and coconut sugar, and the consistency of the filling came out perfectly.
If you’re not familiar with Kartago Foods, I recently partnered with them to promote their Deglet Noor dates and harissa sauce. What I love about Kartago brand, is that they are a family owned business and have been working with Mediterranean food for over 200 years. They take pride in producing a high-quality product which I really appreciate. For a limited time, you can use promotion code: healthyish20 for 20% off your order. Click here to shop their products.
- 8 ounces or 1 bag organic dates, I used Kartago Deglet Noor Dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick, soft
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup quick rolled oats, whole grain
- 1/4 chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- baking cups
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray six 4 inch paper baking cups with cooking spray. Set aside. If you do not have paper baking cups, you can use an 8×8 square baking pan. Metal or glass works best.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract together. Slowly add the AP flour until a dough begins to form. Evenly split the dough into six portions and then gently press the dough in the bottom of the baking cups. Bake for 10 minutes or until the center is set.
- Next, we will prepare the filling. In a saucepan, add the chopped dates, water and coconut sugar. Stir frequently, until the dates are soft, and the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Now, we will prepare the crumble. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, oats, chopped walnuts, and AP flour. Using a fork mix everything together until a soft crumble forms and all of the butter is evenly distributed.
- Finally, we will assemble the dish. Spoon the dates filling on top of the par baked crust. Top with a sprinkle of the crumble and repeat until all of the cups are filled. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the crumble is light golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!