Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
Need an easy chicken dinner recipe? These Crock Pot chicken thighs are the answer. The meat is fork tender and easily falls apart. The gravy is light, flavorful and oh so tasty. Serve these Crock Pot chicken thighs with a side of cheesy broccoli and rice for the perfect weeknight meal. I can guarantee this juicy chicken recipe will become a family favorite.
About this recipe
This Crock Pot chicken thigh recipe is great because you simply add everything into the Crock Pot and let it do its thing. If you’ve never had chicken thigh meat, it’s super tender and loaded with flavor. Perfect for nights when you’re short on time but want a tasty, homemade meal. This chicken thigh recipe turns out perfectly every time.
When prepping the chicken thighs, you will want to give them a quick sear in a pan before adding them to the Crock Pot. This layer of caramelization adds so much flavor to the gravy. Simply season the meat with salt and pepper. Then, you’ll add olive oil to a saute pan over medium high heat. Once the pan and oil are hot, add the seasoned chicken thighs. Let them sear for 1-2 minutes per side before adding them to the Crock Pot.
Once the meat has cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of 165 degree Fahrenheit, you will want to shred it. Simply use two forks to pull the meat apart. It will be fork tender, so this step is very easy. Add the shredded
This recipe makes six servings, which is about eight ounces of chicken per serving. Please see the nutritional information below for more detail. The nutritional information accounts for the chicken and gravy.
Store the shredded chicken and gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. Enjoy leftovers on sandwiches or as is. To reheat, simply microwave until heated through. Looking for more easy chicken dinner recipes? Try my shredded chicken stuffed peppers.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper, to season the chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 sweet onion, quartered into 4 large pieces
- ½ lb. carrots, washed, peeled and cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 5-6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped as garnish
- crock pot
- saute pan
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned thighs to the hot pan and sear for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Turn on your Crock Pot and set it to "high heat".
- Next, you’ll add the quartered onion, carrots, lemon juice, chicken broth, seared chicken thighs, bay leaves, and fresh thyme.
- Let it cook for 4 – 5 hours for perfectly tender meat!
- Shred the meat using two forks and add it to a platter with a side of the gravy.
- Garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!