Need a quick and delicious dinner? These Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are just the answer. The meat is fork tender and easily falls apart. The gravy is light, flavorful and oh so tasty. I served my chicken thighs with a side of cheesy broccoli and rice and it was the perfect meal!
I love meals like this one so much because you can simply add everything into the Crock Pot and let it do its thing! If you’ve never had thigh meat, it’s super tender and loaded with flavor. Perfect for nights when you’re short on time but want a tasty, homemade meal. This recipe turns out perfectly every time!
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- crock pot
- saute pan
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs sear in a hot skillet with a little olive oil to get a quick sear and extra flavor.
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 large onion – yellow or white will work quartered into 4 large pieces
- ½ lb. carrots peeled and destemmed
- 3 bay leaves
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- fresh chopped parsley garnish
- Grab a sauté pan and add some olive oil over medium heat.
- Season your boneless skinless chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned thighs to the pan with the olive oil to get a quick sear.
- Turn on your Crock Pot and set it to high heat, 6 hours.
- Next, you’ll add the quartered onion, carrots, lemon juice, chicken broth, seared chicken thighs, bay leaves, and fresh thyme.
- Let it cook for 4 – 5 hours for perfectly tender meat!
- Garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!