Creamy Harissa Pasta
Looking for a quick dinner recipe? Try my creamy harissa pasta recipe. Loaded with flavor, easy to make and incredibly tasty. This is one of those pasta recipes that will be in your weekly rotation. Perfect for nights when you crave something spicy, warm and delicious.
This recipe post is sponsored by Kartago. I was compensated for my time, however, all opinions are my own.
About this recipe
For this creamy harissa pasta recipe, I used Kartago harissa. Kartago harissa adds so much flavor to this sauce. If you’re not familiar with harissa, it’s paste like in texture and has a smoky flavor. It almost reminds me of a mild chipotle flavor which is always so delicious.
Made from five simple ingredients, Kartago harissa is one of my favorite products to cook with when I need a spicy food fix. Additionally, Kartago Foods is a family owned business. They specialize in Mediterranean food and have been manufacturing authentic products for decades. Carefully sourced in Tunisia, their ingredients are held to the highest quality standards. You guys are going to love this creamy harissa pasta recipe.
When cooking the pasta be sure to cook it al dente. The pasta will continue to cook with the sauce so you dont want it to be too mushy. Also, be sure to reserve a 1/4 cup of pasta water to deglaze the pan. The pasta water will add flavor to the sauce.
Try adding pan roasted chicken or baked salmon for an extra punch of protein. This recipe makes four servings. Please see below for more nutritional information.
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more pasta recipes? Try my shrimp linguini with roasted red pepper sauce.
Creamy Harissa Pasta
- 8 ounces linguini pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers, I used baby bell peppers and sliced them into rounds.
- 1.5 tablespoons Kartago harissa
- ½ teaspoon salt, for seasining the sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream, be sure to shake the can first
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped small, as garnish
- pasta pot
- saute pan
- Boil a pot of water and cook your pasta according to the package. Al dente preferred. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain off the water using a colander and drizzle it with olive oil so it doesn’t stick together. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil, shallots, and minced garlic. Let everything simmer over medium-heat until the shallots are translucent and begin to brown.
- Next, deglaze the pan with the reserved pasta water. Be sure to scrape up any crispy pieces from the pan. Add the sliced red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat. Once the tomatoes begin to blister, add 1 can of coconut cream, harissa, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and fresh chopped basil. Stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- Once the sauce is well combined, add the cooked pasta. Stir until the pasta is well coated in the creamy sauce.
- Top with some fresh chives and serve immediately.