Looking for a quick and delicious dinner? Try my creamy harissa pasta! Loaded with flavor, easy to make and incredibly tasty. This is one of those recipes that will be in your weekly rotation. Perfect for those nights when you crave something spicy and want it quickly!
I love this recipe because Kartago harissa adds so much flavor to this sauce. If you’re not familiar with harissa, it’s paste-like in texture and has a smoky, slightly spicy flavor. It reminds me of a mild chipotle flavor which is always so delicious. Try adding some pan seared chicken or crispy tofu for an extra pop of protein.
Made from five simple, healthy ingredients, Kartago harissa is one of my favorite products to cook with when I need a spicy food fix. Additionally, Kartago Foods is a family owned business. They specialize in Mediterranean food and have been manufacturing authentic products for decades. Carefully sourced in Tunisia, their ingredients are held to the highest quality standards. You guys are going to love this creamy harissa pasta!
Finish your meal with this easy to make vegan cheesecake. It’s cool, creamy and Healthyish! Which tastes great after enjoying the spicy harissa pasta dish. If you’re looking for more dessert ideas be sure to check out healthyishfoods.com
Creamy Harissa Pasta
- pasta pot
- saute pan
- 1.5 tablespoons Kartago harissa
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots diced small
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers i used baby bell peppers
- 8-10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes left whole
- ½ teaspoon salt for seasining the sauce
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 can coconut cream 13.66 ounce can
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- chopped chives as garnish
- Boil a pot of water. Season it with salt and cook your pasta according to the package.
- I recommend cooking it al dente because it will continue cooking once you add it to the creamy harissa sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and drizzle it with olive oil so it doesn’t stick together. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan with sides add the olive oil, shallots, and minced garlic. Let everything cook until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the sliced red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat. Once the tomatoes begin to blister, add 1 can of coconut cream, harissa, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and fresh chopped basil. Stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- Once the sauce is well combined, add the cooked pasta. Stir until the noodles are evenly coated in the creamy sauce.
- Top with some fresh chives and serve immediately.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!