Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Comfort food at its finest, this creamy garlic parmesan chicken recipe checks all the boxes. Easy to make, loaded with flavor, and completely satisfying. Perfect any night of the week, this creamy garlic parmesan chicken is guaranteed to be a family favorite.
About this Chicken Recipe
For this creamy garlic parmesan chicken recipe, be sure to cook the pasta al dente. You will also want to reserve a 1/4 cup of pasta water for the sauce. When prepping the chicken, you will want to butterfly the breasts. This means, carefully slice the breasts in half so you end up with four thin breasts. Next, you will pound the breast meat until it is about 1/4 inch thick. This will help ensure that the chicken cooks evenly. The internal temperature should reach 165 degree Fahrenheit to ensure doneness.
Once the chicken is butterflied, breaded and pan fried, remove the chicken from the pan. Using the same pan, you will make the sauce. Follow the instructions below for the sauce recipe. Once the sauce is well combined, nestle the chicken back into the sauce. The breading on the chicken will also help thicken the sauce. Toss in your cooked al dente pasta and you have a delicious easy to make chicken dinner.
This recipe makes four servings. Please see below for nutritional information. This creamy garlic parmesan chicken recipe is one of those meals that you will find yourself going back to time and time again.
Store any leftover in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more chicken recipes? Try my chicken Romano with fettuccine or my roasted chicken with creamy spinach and artichokes. Both are quick chicken dinner recipes that will be hard to resist.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 4-6 ounces ziti pasta , cooked al dente, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin, about 2 breasts
- salt and pepper, season the chicken
- ¼ cup AP flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying the chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter, for frying the chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced small
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, washed, dried, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- pasta pot
- 11-inch 3.5 quart saute pan
- 2 plates for breading chicken
Prepare the pasta:
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to the package. Al dente is best. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain remaining water and set pasta aside.
Prepare the chicken:
- Butterfly your chicken breasts and pound them thin using a mallet.
- Once pounded thin, season the breasts with salt and pepper.
- Combine the AP flour and parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken through the flour cheese mixture until well coated on both sides. Repeat for all breasts.
- In an 11-inch 3.5 quart sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Once hot, add the chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. You'll want the internal temperature to be 165 degree Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
In the same pan, prepare the sauce:
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms and dried oregano. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms and onions begin to soften and the garlic is fragrant, deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Make sure to scrape up all of the tasty bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Next, add the reserved pasta water, heavy cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir well and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
Assemble the dish:
- Nestle the cooked chicken and drippings back into the sauce and add the cooked pasta. Serve and enjoy.