Need a quick dinner without a lot of fuss? Fix up a family-sized Cobb salad with cilantro lime dressing. Sharable salad is the perfect weeknight dinner. It’s easy to prepare, looks amazing and everyone is sure to find tasty bites they enjoy!
This Cobb salad is so delicious. It’s packed with season favorites like grilled corn, large ripe tomatoes, grilled meats and zippy dressing. As a finishing touch, I like to toss a few quick pickled onions on top of everything for that extra bite and beautiful color.
Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- grill or skillet for the chicken and sausage
- grill for corn
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and rough chopped
- ½ large avocado sliced
- 2 ears of corn grilled and cut from cob
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 eggs hard-boiled
- 1 large chicken breast grilled or pan roasted and sliced
- 2 chicken sausages grilled or pan roasted
- cheddar cheese sliced into wedges
- Pickled onions
- Scallions sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice juice from about 5 limes
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro de-stemmed
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley de-stemmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno
- pinch of salt
- Combine the parsley, cilantro, honey, mustard, jalapeno, lime juice and salt in a blender. Slowly pour in the olive oil until well combined. For more sweetness add more honey, for more heat add more jalapeno. You can play with it until it’s to your liking!
Assemble the salad:
- Add your roughly chopped romaine lettuce to the bottom of the platter.
- You want to add all of the veggies and meats on top of the lettuce in rows. Start left to right and add the avocado slices.
- Followed by the grilled corn
- Next you’ll add a row of tomatoes. Both the large red tomatoes slices along with the cherry or grape tomatoes cut in halves. (you can even drizzle a touch of balsamic and a pinch of salt on the tomatoes for extra flavor.)
- Add some fresh sliced jalapeno along with your hard-boiled eggs cut in half.
- Next you’ll slice your grilled or pan roasted chicken into slices and line it up in a row. Add the sausage near the chicken as well. Drizzle the chicken with the cilantro lime dressing. And reserve some on the side for folks who may want more.
- The last row will be the sliced cheddar cheese wedges. You can also ue blue cheese if you prefer.
- Top everything with a touch of salt and pepper along with some quick pickled onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!