This plant-based chocolate NICE cream is the ultimate Summer treat. It’s dairy free, creamy and Healthyish!
I added homemade maple vanilla marshmallows and peanut butter to mine to give it a “rocky road” vibe. **But please note, that if you do decide to add the homemade maple vanilla marshmallows, then this recipe is no longer vegan.** Reason being, the marshmallows call for gelatin which is not vegan. That said, the plain chocolate NICE cream recipe is completely vegan and delicious.
Growing up my favorite flavor of ice cream was always rocky road. I loved the cold, creamy chocolate ice cream mixed with chewy marshmallows and crunch nuts. Back then, me and my family would go to Baskin Robins and I would always get a double scoop! Ice cream was the perfect way to end a long hot Summer day. Turns out it still is. So, give this tasty recipe a try.
Plant-Based Chocolate NICE Cream
- food processor
- metal loaf pan 9×5
- 6 frozen bananas peel and slice before freezing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1.5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter – any nut butter will work
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Grab your food processor and add all of the ingredients. Blend until well combined. You do not want any lumps, just a creamy mixture. Scrape sides as needed.
- Mix in the maple vanilla marshmellow cubes. Optional
- Pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan. I used a 9×5
- Freeze for 4-5 hours before scooping.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!