Chocolate NICE Cream
This chocolate nice cream recipe is the ultimate summer treat. It’s dairy free, creamy and delicious. Try adding my homemade maple vanilla marshmallows for a fun and tasty twist. However, you can enjoy this chocolate nice cream recipe any way you like. Toss in any of your favorite inclusions. Crushed Oreos, chopped Snickers, or brownie pieces would all taste great in this chocolate nice cream.
Please Note: that if you do decide to add the homemade maple vanilla marshmallows, then this recipe is no longer vegan. Reason being, the marshmallows call for gelatin which is not vegan. That said, the plain chocolate nice cream recipe is completely vegan and delicious.
About this recipe
Growing up, my favorite flavor of ice cream was always rocky road. I loved the cold, creamy chocolate ice cream mixed with chewy marshmallows and crunchy nuts. Back then, my family and I would go to Baskin Robins and I would always get a double scoop. In my opinion, ice cream was the perfect way to end a long hot summer day. Turns out, it still is. So, give this tasty homemade nice cream recipe a try.
For this homemade chocolate nice cream recipe, you will want to peel, slice and freeze your bananas before adding them to the food processor. Make sure the bananas have at least 3-4 hours in the freezer before you attempt this recipe. The frozen bananas make this homemade nice cream recipe smooth and creamy.
Once the bananas are fully frozen, you will simply add all of the ingredients into the food processor and buzz until it is smooth and creamy. Freeze this nice cream for later use. Be sure to let it sit out for 5-10 minutes before scooping. This will allow the nice cream to soften a bit, making scooping much easier. This recipe makes 5 servings. Please see below for more information.
Store any leftover nice cream covered in the freezer. It will last one to two weeks. Best enjoyed within the first few days. Looking for more dessert recipes? Try my strawberry banana nice cream.
Chocolate NICE Cream
- 5 medium frozen bananas, peel and slice before freezing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- ⅓ cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- food processor
- loaf pan – 9×5
- Grab your food processor and add all of the ingredients. Blend on high until well combined. You do not want any lumps, just a creamy mixture. Scrape sides as needed.
- Gently fold in the maple vanilla marshmallow pieces using a spatula. This step is optional.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan.
- Cover with foil or a lid and freeze for 4-5 hours before scooping.