Chocolate Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread recipe is the perfect way to start the day. It’s loaded with chocolate goodness, perfectly moist and tastes amazing with a hot cup of coffee. This banana bread recipe is guaranteed to be a winner.
About this Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
It took me a few tries to come up with the perfect chocolate banana bread recipe. However, I think it’s safe to say, this bread is pretty perfect. Smear your bread with some nut butter for an extra pop of flavor. Or, you can simply enjoy this bread as is. Either way, you’re in for a tasty banana bread recipe.
Once the batter is prepped, split it between two 8×3 7/8th inch foil baking tins. Be sure to spray the baking tins with baking spray before adding the batter. Bake the bread for 40-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Store this bread on the counter covered for three to four days. Freeze well covered for 30-60 days. Thaw these breads by pacing them in the refrigerator overnight. Serve warm or room temperature. This recipe makes 2 small loaves with 8 slices per loaf. You can aslo make one large loaf but the cooking time may vary.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar, or cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup 2% milk
- 1 cup bananas , smashed, about 2-3 bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups AP flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Two 8×3 ⅞ inch foil baking tins
- 3 mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 8 x 3 ⅞-inch foil baking tins with baking spray and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat until well combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, smash the banana using the back of a fork. You’ll want the bananas to look like baby food.
- Add the smashed banana, milk, and vanilla flavoring into the bowl with the sugar, egg, butter mixture. Fold everything together using a spatula.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. This includes the cocoa powder, AP flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold everything together using a spatula. Once well combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Split the batter between the two baking tins, and top with some extra chips.
- Bake for 40-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.