Have you ever wanted a cheesy chicken parmesan sandwich and a big juicy burger at the same time? I’ve got you covered! These chicken parmesan meatball burgers are juicy, tender and out of this world delicious.
Topped with spicy marinara sauce and ooey-gooey mozzarella, these sliders are a total game changer. The burger patties taste just like traditional chicken parmesan just condensed down into mini slider form. This is one of those recipes your entire family will love and it only takes 30 minutes to make.
What makes it Healthyish?
I skipped breading and frying the chicken like you would in a traditional chicken parmesan. Also, I shrunk down the portion size so you can get your chicken parmesan fix without the guilt.
So, let’s get this recipe started!
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Burgers
- mixing bowl
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick
- handful shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup jarred marinara – I used Delallo’s spicy arrabiatta sauce
- 6 slider buns – I used potato buns
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Cut your mozzarella stick down into 6 cubes.
- Take a handful of meat and stuff one mozzarella cube in the center. Form meat mixture into burger patties. I was able to make 6 burgers from this mixture.
- Grab a non-stick skillet and gently spray it with olive oil cooking spray.
- Over medium heat begin to cook your burgers. If the skillet is too hot they will begin to burn on the outside without being cooked in the center.
- Once the burgers have a nice brown sear on both sides, add a small amount of water to the pan and cover it with a lid. This will help keep moisture in the burgers and prevent them from getting too brown while they finish cooking.
- I cooked mine for about 10-12 minutes. This will vary based on the size of your burgers.
- Top with a spoonful of your favorite marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and serve on a slider roll.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a home cook, recipe developer and the creator of the brand, Healthyish®. Sarah believes that living Healthyish® is a lifestyle centered around the 80/20 rule. Her beliefs are directly reflected in her recipes which are mostly plant-based. (but sometimes not) Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!