Mini Chicken Parmesan Meatball Burgers
These mini chicken parmesan meatball burgers are juicy, tender and out of this world delicious. Perfect for lunch, dinner or a fun and tasty appetizer recipe. Easy to make, these mini chicken parmesan meatball burgers are guaranteed to become a family favorite.
About this recipe
This burger recipe only takes 45 minutes to make. It’s so versatile, you can enjoy these little sandwiches in a variety of ways. Serve as a fun weeknight dinner or as a tasty appetizer on game day. The reason they come together so quickly, is because you do not need to bread the chicken like you would a traditional chicken parmesan recipe. Also, the small portion size allows these meatball sliders to cook quickly.
Topped with spicy marinara sauce and ooey-gooey mozzarella, these chicken parmesan meatball burgers are a winning recipe. As far as slider buns go, I like to use Martin’s potato rolls or King’s Hawaiian potato rolls. Just be sure to toast the buns in a skillet with a little bit of butter so they get a nice crispy sear.
This recipe makes 12 meatball sliders. I’d recommend serving 3-4 sandwiches per person. You can serve these sliders with my simple butter lettuce salad and a side of vegetables.
Store any leftover sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Store the buns separately. To reheat, simply microwave the mini burgers until they are heated through. Looking for more meatball recipes? Try my BBQ chicken meatballs or my Greek inspired chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce.
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
Buns, Sauce and Cheese:
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 – 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 12 slider buns, toasted with a touch of butter
- non-stick skillet
- mixing bowl
- 8×8 baking dish
- small sauce pot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab an 8×8 glass baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Heat your favorite marinara sauce in a small sauce pot.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands. Form into 12 evenly sized meatball burgers.
- Grab a non-stick skillet and spray it with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, begin to cook your meatball burgers until they have a light sear on the outside. Turn frequently to prevent burning or sticking.
- Once all of the meatball burgers have a light sear, add them to your prepared baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are fully cooked through. You'll want the internal temperature to hit 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure doneness. Once the burgers are cooked through pour the sauce over the burgers and top with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Assemble the dish:
- Add the meatball burgers to the rolls and enjoy!