Mini Chicken Parmesan Meatball Burgers
Have you ever wanted a cheesy chicken parmesan sandwich and a big juicy burger at the same time? I’ve got you covered! These mini chicken parmesan meatball burgers are juicy, tender and out of this world delicious.
Topped with spicy marinara sauce and ooey-gooey mozzarella, these chicken parmesan meatball burgers are a total game changer. The burger patties taste just like traditional chicken parmesan, just condensed down into mini slider form. This is one recipe your entire family will love, and it only takes 45 minutes to make.
Looking for more meatball recipes? Try my BBQ chicken meatballs or my Greek inspired chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce.
What makes it Healthyish?
I skipped breading and frying the chicken like you would in a traditional chicken parmesan. Also, I shrunk down the portion size so you can get your chicken parmesan fix without the extra calories.
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
Buns, Sauce and Cheese:
- 1-2 mozzarella cheese sticks
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1-2 cups jarred sauce – I used Delallo's spicy arrabiatta sauce
- 12 slider buns – I used King's Hawaiin potato buns
- mixing bowl
- 8×8 glass baking dish
- small sauce pot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab an 8×8 glass baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Heat your favorite marinara sauce in a small sauce pot.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Cut your mozzarella stick down into 12 pieces.
- Take a handful of meat and stuff one mozzarella cube in the center. Form meat mixture into meatballs. I was able to make 12 meatball burgers from this mixture.
- Grab a non-stick skillet and gently spray it with olive oil cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, begin to cook your meatball burgers until they have a light sear on the outside. Turn frequently to prevent buring or sticking.
- Once all of the meatball burgers have a light sear, add them to your preared baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and finish cooking the meatball burgers in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are fully cooked through.
Assemble the dish:
- Place one meatball burger on one slider roll. Add a spoonful of warm marinara and shredded moizzarella cheese. Serve and enjoy!