Creamy, spicy and perfectly tender this cheesy buffalo stuffed chicken is the perfect weeknight meal. This easy to make dinner comes together with a few simple ingredients that the entire family is sure to love.
If you guys know me, you know I am obsessed with anything spicy! And this recipe checks all the boxes. Loaded with flavor this recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
I enjoyed mine by itself, but this would also taste great with a simple salad, or some tasty garlic toast! This recipe is so great because it’s quick to make and doesn’t require a ton of clean up. So, give this tasty cheesy buffalo stuffed chicken recipe a try!
Cheesy Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
- cast-iron baking dish
- small mixing bowl
- small sauce pot
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast about 3 breasts
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese extra for the top
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently spray a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Trim any excess fat off of your chicken breast and cut a thin slit down the side of the breast. I used scissors to cut the chicken. Repeat this step for all three chicken breasts.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and cracked black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Using a spoon, gently scoop some of the cheese mixture and tuck it into the opening on the chicken.
- Place the stuffed chicken in the prepared cast-iron pan. (A baking dish will work fine too.)
- I like to arrange my chicken, so the cheese side / opening faces upwards. This way the cheese doesn’t all melt out when cooking. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the buffalo sauce.
- In a small sauce pot add the butter and Frank’s red-hot sauce. Stir over low heat until well combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken. Top with a little extra shredded mozzarella and bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- You can also broil for 1-2 minutes so the cheese gets extra crispy and bubbly on top.
- Remove from the oven, top with some fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!