Caprese Quinoa Salad
Looking for a fresh and healthy salad recipe? Try this caprese quinoa salad recipe. It’s made from a few simple, healthy ingredients and comes together quickly. Perfect for a small gathering with friends and family, or as an easy to make option to snack on through the week. Either way, this caprese quinoa salad is so tasty and satisfying. It feels like summer in a bowl.
About this recipe
What I love about this quinoa salad recipe is that you can pull it together in under 30 minutes. The juicy tomatoes taste so good with the creamy mozzarella pearls and zippy reduced balsamic vinegar. For this recipe, I add some healthy fat via the cubed avocado pieces. That said, you could also add your favorite protein. Grilled chicken, roasted salmon or even crispy tofu would all taste amazing with this salad recipe.
When making the quinoa be sure to follow the instructions on the package. You’ll want the quinoa to be light and fluffy. For this recipe, I used one cup of dry quinoa which equals about three cups cooked. When assembling the dish, add the quinoa to the bottom of a plate or platter and top it with the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, avocado, fresh herbs, seasoning and balsamic reduction. This easy to make quinoa salad is guaranteed to be a hit. Enjoy this quinoa recipe any time of the year, but it tastes best in the summer when tomatoes are ripe and juicy.
This easy salad recipe makes four light servings. You can add grilled chicken, salmon or tofu for some extra protein. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. Serve chilled. Looking for more delicious salad recipes? Try my Mediterranean salmon salad or my toasted pine nuts with fresh cherries.
Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa, about 3 cups cooked
- 1 large avocado, cubed into evenly sized pieces
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, remove stems, cut into wedges
- ½ cup mozzarella pearls, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- large mixing bowl
- sauce pot to boil the quinoa
- Cook one cup of quinoa according to the package. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomato wedges, avocado cubes, mozzarella pearls, fresh sliced basil, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a plate. Top with the tomato salad mixture. Drizzle everything with balsamic glaze.
- Season with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Enjoy!