Caprese Pasta with Pan Roasted Chicken
Looking for a delicious and easy to make dinner recipe? Try my caprese pasta with pan roasted chicken. This caprese pasta recipe is a Healthyish twist on a traditional caprese salad. I wanted to make this light Summer caprese salad more of a satisfying meal. So, I added tasty pan roasted Smart Chicken breasts, cooked shellbow pasta, a delicious yet simple red sauce and mozzarella pearls. This entire dish comes together in 35-40 minutes. Making this caprese pasta recipe a quick and delicious dinner any night of the week.
This recipe post is sponsored by Smart Chicken. I was compensated for my time, however, all opinions are my own.
About this Chicken Recipe
Traditional caprese salad is made from thick sliced tomatoes, sliced mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves, olive oil and balsamic glaze. For this recipe, you’ll start by pan roasting two Smart Chicken breasts. I’m obsessed with all of Smart Chicken’s products, and their chicken breasts are no exception.
In fact, all of their chickens are fed a high-quality diet, humanely handled, and never given antibiotics, hormones, or animal by-products. Everything is pure air chilled, without added water. The result is the best-tasting, highest-quality fresh chicken. When cooked, the chicken breast meat is so tender and juicy you can really taste the difference in quality.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, simply microwave everything in a microwave safe dish. Or, you can add a small amount of chicken bone broth to a hot pan and add a few scoops of the caprese pasta with roasted chicken. The bone broth will help soften or reconstitute the dish. It will taste amazing.
Looking for more chicken recipes? Try my honey sriracha chicken and waffles.
Caprese Pasta with Roasted Chicken
Chicken and Pasta
- 1 lb. Smart Chicken breasts
- 8 ounces shellbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup shallots, diced
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 16 ounces cherry / grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 can crushed tomatoes , 28 ounce can with juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon reduced balsamic glaze
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 pasta pot
- 1 colander
- 1 3.5-quart sauteuse pan
Prepare the Pasta
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to the package. Al dente is best since the pasta will cook in the sauce. Drain the water using a colander and set the cooked pasta aside.
Prepare the Chicken
- Pull the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. Gently pound the chicken using a mallet so it is tender and cooks evenly and quickly. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Next, grab a 3.5-quart non-stick sauteuse pan and add the olive oil over medium heat. Then, you’ll add the seasoned chicken breasts to the pan. Pan roast for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Next, add one jar of your favorite red sauce to the same pan that has the chicken drippings. Store bought is fine.
- Next, add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until its well coated. Nestle the chicken breasts back into the pasta, along with any dripping they released while resting.
- Top the dish with shredded mozzarella. Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted. Finish with cracked black pepper, fresh chopped basil, and fresh chopped Italian parsley. Enjoy!