Creamy, spicy and delicious on a sandwich this buffalo-style chicken salad is perfect any day of the week. It’s easy to make and comes together in under 30 minutes. Serve it in a tortilla wrap, on a sandwich bun, or on top of a piece of naan bread. If you are trying to watch carbs, you can also enjoy it in a lettuce cup as well. This buffalo-style chicken salad recipe will quickly become one of your lunchtime go-to’s!
Personally, I love this salad because the dressing is light and not overly creamy. I am not a huge fan of super creamy foods, (except ice cream) so this really hits the spot.
I loaded mine with all of the toppings like, fresh sliced mozzarella, avocado, lettuce and extra hot sauce. But feel free to dress your salad as you like. Some other ideas would be, sliced tomato, cheddar cheese and bacon.
If you do not like spicy food, you can also try my Healthyish chicken salad. It’s more of a traditional recipe, but still tastes incredible. The chicken is super tender and the almonds add a little extra crunch that tastes so good.
Buffalo-Style Chicken Salad
- sauce pot
- 2 chicken breasts – about 1.5 cups diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce Frank's
- 1/2 cup diced white onion yellow or red will work too
- 1/2 cup sliced celery – about 2 stalks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt and cracked black pepper
- Boil a pot of water, cook your chicken for 15 minutes or until it is fully cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt / pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Next, add the diced, onion and celery. Gently toss the onion and celery in the dressing.
- Finally, once the chicken has cooled, you’ll cube the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cubed pieces into the bowl, and gently toss everything together until well combined.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!