Buffalo Chicken Salad
Creamy, spicy and delicious, this buffalo chicken salad is perfect any day of the week. It’s easy to make and comes together in under 30 minutes. Serve it wrapped in a tortilla, on a sandwich bun, or on top of a piece of naan bread. If you are trying to watch carbs, you can also enjoy it in a lettuce cup as well. This buffalo chicken salad recipe will quickly become one of your lunchtime go-to’s.
About this recipe
Personally, I love this easy buffalo chicken salad recipe because the dressing is light and not overly creamy. I am not a huge fan of super creamy salad dressing, so this really hit the spot. Plus, the added spice from the Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce takes this recipe to the next level.
I loaded mine with all of the toppings like, fresh sliced mozzarella, avocado, lettuce and extra hot sauce. Feel free to dress your buffalo chicken salad as you like. Some other topping ideas include, sliced tomato, cheddar cheese and bacon.
Store any leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Enjoy it with over leafy salads, tucked inside of a wrap, or with a few crackers. No matter how you serve it, you’re going to love this recipe.
If you do not like spicy food, you can also try my Healthyish chicken salad. It’s more of a traditional recipe, but tastes incredible. The chicken is super tender and the almonds add a little extra crunch that tastes so good. I like to enjoy this recipe in a lettuce cup, but you can serve it any way you like.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, two breasts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, I used 0% Fage
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced small
- ½ cup celery, about 2-3 stalks, sliced thin
- Pinch salt and cracked black pepper
- sauce pot
Boil the chicken:
- Boil a pot of water. Add the chicken for 15 minutes or until it is fully cooked through. You'll want the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once fully cooked, set the chicken aside to cool.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
Assemble the dish:
- Add the onion and celery to the dressing and gently toss.
- Cube the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add it to the bowl. Toss everything together and enjoy.