These brownie bites are so decadent and delicious that you’ll never know they’re gluten free. I topped them with fresh whipped cream, and rich Luxardo cherries for that extra pop of flavor.
And if you’ve never had Luxardo cherries before, you are in for a real treat. They have a firm texture and are slightly sour yet sweet at the same time. These cherries really take this recipe to the next level. Oh, and Luxardo cherries taste great in a Whiskey sour too!
What makes them Healthyish?
We swapped almond flour instead of traditional wheat flour to make these brownie bites gluten free and lower in carbs. Plus, the tiny portion sizes allow you to enjoy your bite without the guilt. The tough part will be not finishing off the entire pan.
Gluten Free Brownie Bites with Whipped Cream and Luxardo Cherries
- hand mixer
- 3 mixing bowls
- mini cupcake tin
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Jar Luxardo Cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your mini cupcake tin with butter. Set aside.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine your dry ingredients.
- Includes, almond flour, cocoa powder, cane sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt and sifted powdered sugar. Whisk until well blended.
- Next, you’ll pour the melted butter into the dry ingredients. Make sure it is not hot. Whisk well.
- Add in one egg, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased mini cupcake tin.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes
Prepare the whipped cream.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a metal bowl.
- Blend using a hand-mixer until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Once the brownie bites have baked and cooled off to room temp; you’ll add a dollop of fresh whipped cream to each brownie bite. Top with one Luxardo cherry and some of the cherry juice.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!