Breakfast Biscuit Casserole
This easy breakfast biscuit casserole is the perfect way to start the day. Loaded with herbs, spices, eggs, bacon and flaky biscuits, this breakfast biscuit casserole is hard to resist. Perfect as a meal prep recipe through the week or at your next Sunday brunch. This easy breakfast recipe is a must try.
About this Biscuit Casserole
Made from a few simple ingredients, this breakfast casserole comes together very quickly. What’s great is that you can customize it any way you like. I used diced shallots, red bell pepper, shredded mozzarella, and crushed bacon. The bacon was already cooked. However, you can use anything you like. Try mushrooms, spinach, feta cheese, shredded cheddar or even breakfast sausage. No matter what, this recipe is guaranteed to be a hit.
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
For this breakfast recipe, I used one can of original canned biscuits. There are 8 biscuits to a can. Be sure to cut the biscuits into 8 pieces each, so you’ll end up with 64 triangles. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11 x 9-inch baking tray with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley, whisk it together. Next, line the bottom of the prepared baking tray with about 40 of the biscuit pieces. Then, you’ll add a layer of diced red bell pepper and diced shallots. Next, add the crushed bacon, and shredded cheese. Top with the egg mixture and finish the dish with the remaining biscuit pieces.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and finish baking for an additional 20-25 or until it is cooked through and the biscuits on top are golden brown. This recipe makes 9 light servings. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes
- Cinnamon sugar French toast sticks
- Cinnamon bun waffles
- Sweet potato turnovers
Breakfast Biscuit Casserole
- 1 can original biscuits , 8 biscuits per can, cut into 8 pieces per biscuit total 64 triangles
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella or cheddar
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup shallots, diced small
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crushed into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 11×9 inch baking dish
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 11 x 9-inch baking tray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley, whisk it together.
- Next, line the bottom of the prepared baking tray with about 40 of the biscuit pieces.
- Then, you’ll add a layer of diced red bell pepper and diced shallots.
- Next, add the crushed bacon and shredded cheese.
- Top everything with the egg mixture and finish the dish with the remaining biscuit pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and finish baking for an additional 20-25 or until it is cooked through and the biscuits on top are golden brown. Total cooking time 50-55 minutes.