Black Olive Egg Salad
Creamy, briny and delicious, this black olive egg salad is the perfect lunch-time meal. Easy to make, this entire recipe comes together in under 40 minutes. Enjoy this salad for lunch with some toast points, tucked inside of a pita, or on top of your favorite cracker. No matter how you serve it, it’s guaranteed to be a favorite.
This is also a great recipe after the Easter holiday. What better way to use up all of your hard-boiled eggs and leftover olives than with this tasty combination?
For a Healthyish twist, I cut the mayonnaise in half and used Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt gives this salad the tangy creaminess we all have grown to love. I also added some diced jalapeno for a little heat. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno to prevent it from getting too spicy. I loaded up on the fresh dill in this recipe too. Feel free to use as much or as little dill as you like. However, I highly suggest using the amount listed below.
You can top this black olive egg salad with cheddar cheese, sliced avocado and some extra sliced black olives for one delicious sandwich. Give this delicious recipe a try! You’ll be so glad you did.
Black Olive Egg Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1.5 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 14 hard-boiled eggs , chopped small
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced celery stalks , about 3-4 stalks
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño, remove seeds and dice small
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill , .5 ounces
- pot to boil the eggs
- large mixing bowl
- Boil a pot of water for the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the diced onion, diced celery, diced black olives, diced jalapeno, and fresh chopped dill. Toss until well coated in the dressing.
- Once the water is boiling, cook the eggs in the boiling water for 10-11 minutes. This will give you firm center.
- Run the eggs under cool water to bring down the temperature. Once they are cool, peel and chop your eggs and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients. Toss the salad until everything is well combined.
- Chill the salad covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.