Black Olive Egg Salad
Creamy, flavorful and delicious, this black olive egg salad is the perfect lunch-time recipe. Easy to make, this entire creamy egg salad recipe comes together in under 40 minutes. Enjoy this easy egg salad for lunch with toast, tucked inside of a pita, or on top of your favorite cracker. No matter how you serve it, it’s guaranteed to be a favorite.
About this recipe
Use up any hard-boiled eggs in this delicious black olive egg salad recipe. This creamy egg salad recipe is light and perfect any day of the week. Enjoy this recipe for lunch or as an easy to prepare dinner.
Be sure to boil the eggs for 10-11 minutes to ensure they are cooked through. Run them under cold water to bring down the internal temperature. Peel the eggs and dice them into small bite sized pieces.
This creamy egg salad recipe cuts back on mayonnaise in favor of Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt gives this egg salad some tanginess that’s hard to resist. For an extra punch of flavor, try adding diced jalapeno. Be sure to remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno to prevent it from getting too spicy.
This easy egg salad recipe is loaded with fresh dill. The fresh herbs add a freshness that’s so delightful. Feel free to use as much or as little dill as you like. However, I highly suggest using the amount listed below. Be sure to refrigerate the egg salad for 30 minutes before serving. Best served chilled.
Top this black olive egg salad with cheddar cheese, sliced avocado and some extra sliced black olives for one delicious sandwich. Give this delicious egg salad recipe a try. You’ll be so glad you did. This recipe makes 4 servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Serve chilled with toast, tucked in a wrap or over a salad. Looking for more lunch recipes? Try my tuna noodle pasta salad or my ditalini pasta salad. Both are great meal prep items to make for lunch through the week.
Black Olive Egg Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1.5 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 12 hard boiled eggs, chopped small
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery stalks , diced, about 3 stalks
- 1 cup black olives, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, diced, remove seeds and dice small
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill , .5 ounces
- pot to boil the eggs
- large mixing bowl
- Boil a pot of water for the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the diced onion, diced celery, diced black olives, diced jalapeno, and fresh chopped dill. Toss until well coated in the dressing.
- Once the water is boiling, cook the eggs in the boiling water for 10-11 minutes. This will give you firm center.
- Run the eggs under cool water to bring down the temperature. Once they are cool, peel and chop your eggs and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients. Toss the salad until everything is well combined.
- Chill the salad covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.