Baked Spinach Artichoke Bites
Easy to make and incredibly delicious these baked spinach artichoke bites are the perfect appetizer recipe. These bites are easy to handle and loaded with flavor. Each artichoke is packed with creamy cheesy spinach, panko breadcrumbs and crispy mozzarella cheese.
What’s great, is that these bites are easy to grab too. Making them ideal for parties or as a weekday snack. This recipe is basically spinach and artichoke dip minus the chips. Simply pop one (or five) of these tasty morsels in your mouth and go.
About this Appetizer Recipe
For this baked spinach artichoke bites recipe, I used whole marinated artichokes. Drain off the liquid and slice the whole artichoke hearts in half. Next, you’ll cut about ¾ of the way down each half, giving you a large surface area to add the filling to. Then, you will add the sliced artichokes to a prepared baking tray and pat them dry using paper towel. Try to absorb as much excess liquid as possible.
When preparing the baby spinach, be sure to chop it up into smaller pieces before adding it to the pan to wilt. Once it is well chopped, add it to a prepared non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cover the spinach with a lid to help it wilt faster. Once it is soft, not browned, you can set it aside. However, it’s important to chop it first. This way you will have small, chopped cooked spinach vs. large leaves that are hard to manage.
This entire appetizer recipe comes together in under 30 minutes too. If needed, you can prepare these bites ahead of time and bake them right before your gathering. Just be sure to keep them covered and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake them.
Simply store any leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat you can microwave the bites or heat them in a skillet. Either way works fine. Looking for more appetizer recipes? Try my easy roasted garlic and white bean dip or my keto snack board!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Bites
Spinach Artichoke Bites
- 9-10 ounce jar of marinated whole or halved artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup wilted baby spinach packed tightly , chop the spinach and add it to a hot pan to wilt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Few turns cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- lemon wedges
- red pepper flakes
- fresh chopped parsley
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray. Set it aside.
Prepare the artichokes:
- Drain the artichoke hearts with a colander.
- Slice the whole artichoke hearts in half.
- Next, you’ll cut about ¾ of the way down each half, giving you a large surface area to add the filling to.
- Then, you will add the sliced artichokes to a prepared baking tray and pat them dry using paper towel. Try to absorb as much excess liquid as possible. Don’t be afraid to press them. Set the tray aside.
Prepare the spinach:
- Chop the fresh baby spinach into small pieces about the size of a nickel.
- Add the chopped spinach to a skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over medium heat.
- Once the spinach has wilted but isn’t browned, turn off the heat and set it aside to cool.
Prepare the filling:
- While the chopped spinach cools, combine the parmesan cheese, mayo, cream cheese, black pepper, salt, and minced garlic in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the spinach. Set aside.
Assemble the bites:
- Grab the baking tray lined with the pressed artichoke hearts.
- Add a dollop of spinach and cheese filling on top of each bite.
- Next, add a sprinkle of panko breadcrumbs on top of the filling. You can gently press the breadcrumbs into the filling to make sure they adhere.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove the bites from the oven and top them with a sprinkle of the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 1-2 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!