Baked Peanut Butter and Banana Oats
This baked peanut butter and banana oats breakfast recipe will fill you up without weighing you down! Perfect for a healthy and quick breakfast through the week, or as a menu item for your next Sunday brunch. These oats are loaded with flavor and easy to make. In fact, this entire recipe only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for those days when you want a homemade breakfast but don’t have a ton of time.
About this recipe
What’s great, is that you can serve these baked peanut butter and banana oats in a variety of ways. Enjoy with fresh sliced banana and maple syrup. Or you can add some fresh berries and an extra drizzle of peanut butter. Another option, is to let the dish cool off and cut these oats into soft, chewy on-the-go bars. Making this recipe perfect for meal prep through the week. I was able to get 9 evenly sized bars from this recipe, but you can cut them any way you like. Simply grab a bar and head out the door. No matter what, this quick breakfast recipe is a win.
Store these oats covered in the refrigerator for three to four days. To reheat, simply add the oats to a microwave safe dish and microwave until warmed through. Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Try my cinnamon bun waffles or my one bowl banana oat pancakes.
Baked Peanut Butter and Banana Oats with Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup rolled whole grain oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 small ripe bananas – smashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chucks
- 8×8 baking dish
- mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and smash the 4 bananas using a fork.
- Next, you’ll add the oats, vanilla, egg, peanut butter, and cinnamon. Blend until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Top with chocolate chunks or chips and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and extra fresh banana slices.
- OR you can let the dish cool off and cut them into soft chewy bars.