Breakfast has never been so easy and delicious. This baked peanut butter and banana oats recipe will fill you up without weighing you down!
It’s the perfect weekend breakfast and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Serve it warm with some fresh sliced banana and maple syrup; or you can let the dish cool off and cut it into soft, chewy on-the-go bars. Either way, this dish is a weekend winner!
Baked Peanut Butter and Banana Oats with Chocolate Chunks
- 8×8 baking dish
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 small ripe bananas – smashed
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chocolate chucks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and smash the 4 bananas using a fork.
- Next, you’ll add the oats, vanilla, egg, peanut butter, and cinnamon. Blend until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Top with chocolate chunks or chips and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and extra fresh banana slices.
- OR you can let the dish cool off and cut them into soft chewy bars.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!