Baked Mini Cake Donuts
Try these baked mini cake donuts for the tastiest and cutest way to start your day. Perfect for brunch, breakfast or a snack, these mini cake donuts are almost too cute to eat.
About this mini cake donuts recipe
For this recipe, you will need to have a mini donut tray. You can buy one online, but it is essential for this recipe. When prepping the batter be sure to combine the cane sugar and vanilla together first. Next, you will cream, the butter and sugar together in the same bowl. Next, you’ll add the egg and milk. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients to form the vanilla batter. Add the cake batter to a piping bag and carefully squeeze the batter into the donut mold. This recipe makes 24 mini cake donuts which sounds like a lot, but they are about the size of a half dollar. They have a moist, fluffy texture and taste great with the simple vanilla glaze.
Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or as a sweet treat throughout the day. The only thing I would advise against is adding extra sprinkles into the batter. Adding the extra sprinkles make the batter too sweet. It also gives the batter a weird texture so be sure to only add the sprinkles on the top. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftover mini cake donuts covered at room temperature for two to three days. Looking for other tasty brunch menu ideas? Try my easy zucchini pie or my protein packed egg muffins for a delicious way to kickstart your day!
Baked Mini Vanilla Cake Donuts
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup AP flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- baking tray
- mini donut tray
- piping bag
- 3 mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- GENTLY spray your mini donut tray with baking spray. A light coating goes a long way. Set aside.
- Grab two mixing bowls.
- Add the cane sugar and vanilla flavor to one bowl. Whisk together.
- In that same bowl, add the room temperature unsalted butter and cream it together with the sugar.
- Next, add the egg and the milk. Whisk well.
- In the second bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until your batter forms.
- Next, you’ll pour the batter into a piping bag.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the mini donut tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. I was able to get two batches of 12 mini donuts.
- Prepare the vanilla glaze while the first batch of mini donuts are baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Whisk until the glaze forms.
- Once the donuts are cool, gently dip them (face down) into the batter. You will not fully submerge them, just a light dip that covers half of the donut. Top with a few sprinkles and set aside.
- Repeat this process until all of the mini donuts are glazed and sprinkled.
- Serve and enjoy!