Baked Corn Crab Cakes
Light, flavorful and delicious these baked corn crab cakes are perfect any night of the week. This corn crab cake recipe is made from simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry. Plus, these corn crab cakes are baked on a sheet pan making cleanup a breeze.
About This Baked Corn Crab Cakes Recipe
This baked corn crab cake recipe is quintessential summer. The juicy corn and sweet crab taste amazing together. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and a dollop of tartar sauce and you’re in business. For a light meal, try these crab cakes over a simple summer salad. For a heartier meal, pair them with a side of hash brown potatoes. Either way, they are sure to be a family favorite.
When prepping the crab cakes, make sure you use fresh corn kernels. The fresh sweet corn tastes amazing, especially when it’s in season. If you do not have fresh corn handy, canned corn will work too. Just be sure to drain off any excess liquid and pat the corn dry.
For these crab cakes, I used one pound of claw meat. The claw meat has a lot of flavor and is very tender. It is also more affordable than backfin, lump or jumbo lump crab. However, you can easily use whatever crab you prefer. Just be sure to drain off any excess liquid before blending.
Once you make the corn crab cake mixture, cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before forming the patties. This will help the mixture to setup and it will be easier to work with. This recipe makes 6 large or 8 medium sized servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. To reheat, simply microwave until heated through.
Baked Corn Crab Cakes
- 16 ounces crab claw meat , lump meat will work too
- ¼ – ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¾ cup whole sweet corn kernels
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 baking tray spray with non-stick spray
- 1 mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, egg, salt, pepper, old bay seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the fresh corn kernels, and drained crab meat. Gently toss ingredients together.
- Next, add in the panko breadcrumbs. Gently fold everything together. Refrigerate the corn crab mixture for 30 minutes before forming the patties.
- Once set, form the crab and corn mixture into evenly sized patties. I was able to get 6 large patties or 8 medium sized.
- Line the patties on the prepared baking tray and bake for 13-15 or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Option to flip halfway through to prevent the bottom from getting too brown. Larger crab cakes may need longer to cook.
One Comment on “Baked Corn Crab Cakes”
I made these with lump crab meat leftover from crab legs (I hate to waste leftovers). Absolutely delicious. I didn’t have any corn so I just skipped that. Very easy and tasty!