Avocado Citrus Salad
This avocado citrus salad recipe is one of my favorites. It’s simple, delicious, and bursting with flavor. The creamy avocado tastes amazing with the tart seasonal citrus. The jalapeno lends a touch of spice that’s immediately cooled by the refreshing cucumbers. Topped with crushed cashews for crunch and texture, this avocado citrus salad is a winner.
About this salad recipe
This avocado citrus salad recipe would be great on a warm summer day with a chilled glass of Sauvignon blanc. Made from six simple ingredients, you can pull this salad together in no time. Top with a drizzle of avocado oil or olive oil for light dressing. You can even add a pinch of salt to pull out more flavor. These fresh, seasonal ingredients taste so good when combined.
When serving this avocado citrus salad, you can plate it as pictured, or you can chop the fruit and vegetables into evenly sized pieces. Whatever is easier for you. Best eaten the same day. If you store this salad, make sure it is covered and refrigerated. The avocado may begin to brown after it is peeled and sliced. This recipe makes enough salad for two light servings. Please see the nutritional information below.
- Oranges are loaded with immune boosting vitamin C and other essential vitamins and minerals. One orange provides 100% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C. (1)
- Avocados are nutrient dense fruits that have a lot of health benefits. Research shows that they support the absorption of fat soluble vitamins, nutrients and minerals which can enhance the immune system. (2)
- Jalapeños are low in calories and a great source of capsaicin. Capsaicin is the compound that gives jalapeños their spice. A study conducted on capsaicin shows that it “enhances the immune status” which means that capsaicin can help support our immune systems as well. (3)
Avocado Citrus Salad
- 2 oranges, sliced then peeled, you can also segment the orange
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced – 1/2 an avocado per serving
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno , sliced thin
- ¼ cup English cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons salted cashews, crushed
- 2 tablespoons basil , fresh leaves are best
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , or avocado oil as dressing
- pinch salt
- Slice an orange into ¼ inch thick slices. Remove the peel after you slice it, this will help keep the slices clean in appearance.
- Top with avocado slices, jalapeno, and sliced cucumbers.
- Finish the dish with the crushed cashews and fresh basil leaves.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
2 Comments on “Avocado Citrus Salad”
love this salad recipe. It’s easy to make and tasty.
Such a unique salad recipe! I made this for my friends and everyone enjoyed it.