Looking for a fun way to sneak more veggies into your kids’ diet? (or perhaps your own?) I’ve got you covered. This all-natural confetti cake recipe is the perfect solution. It’s portion controlled, organic and literally jam-packed with veggies. And it’s a great way to show kids that eating veggies can be fun and delicious!
So, let’s get started,
What You’ll Need: Serves 2
1 Healthyish Baking Kit (Our Skinny Vanilla Kit is low sugar too for an extra health punch! )
2 Tablespoons of unsalted, room temperature butter
4 Tablespoons of 2% milk
1 small orange carrot
1 small purple carrot
1/3 of a small zucchini
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and mix together 2 organic cake mix pouches, 2 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of milk. Whisk well and set the batter aside.
- Take your orange carrot and toss it into your cuisine art. Use the chop setting until the carrot is chopped up into very small pieces.
- Next, you will do the same thing for the purple carrot and the zucchini – but be sure to chop each veggie one at a time.
- Once everything is chopped you will gently fold the veggies into your cake batter.
- Evenly split the cake batter amongst 2 of your baking cups. (They come with the Healthyish Baking Kit)
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked in the center.
- Top with your organic frosting pouches from the baking kit and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish. Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO