Five Ingredient Beet and Watermelon Salad
This five ingredient beet and watermelon salad recipe is easy to make and is loaded with flavor. Perfect for hot summer days when turning on the oven just isn’t an option. This summer salad recipe is tangy, sweet and incredibly delicious.
About this recipe
This recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious. I know your initial thought might be that this combination sounds weird, but the whipped feta lends a slight tangy flavor that goes great with the sweet, juicy watermelon. Add the mild vinegar marinated beets and crunchy pistachios and this dish is a must-try. What’s better than a flavorful salad recipe that everyone will love?
When grabbing ingredients for this salad, be sure to use Love BEETS mild vinegar beets. These beets have been lightly marinated in a mild vinegar and it gives them so much flavor. Plus, they are already peel which make them easier to work with. You can leave them whole if they are very small or slice them in half if they are on the larger side.
When slicing the watermelon, I used a circular cookie cutter to get this perfectly round shape. However, you can cut the watermelon any way you like. My only recommendation, is to make sure the beets and watermelon are about the same size for easy eating.
Finally, when crushing the pistachios I added them to a Ziplock bag and pounded them with a mallet. This will give you small pieces that are perfect for spreading over the top. This beet and watermelon salad is light and healthy, which is a great way to begin any meal.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Serve chilled when enjoying. Try this salad with my creamy Alfredo pasta for the perfect at-home dinner.
5 Ingredient Beet and Watermelon Salad
- 2 packages Love BEETs mild vinegar beets, 13 ounces
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 small seedless watermelon, about the size of a cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, crushed
- food processor
- cookie cutter – optional
- Remove the rind from the watermelon. Cut it into thick 2-inch slices. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut the melon into rings. I was able to get about 7-8 rings from my melon. Any extra melon can be cut up and eaten separately.
- Next, grab your food processor. Combine the feta cheese and whipped cream cheese. Blend for 4-5 minutes until smooth and creamy, no lumps. Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed. Set aside.
Assemble the salad:
- Grab a large platter and spread the whipped feta on the bottom of the platter.
- Layer the watermelon and sliced beets on top of the whipped feta.
- Top with the crushed pistachios and serve!