This beet and watermelon salad recipe calls for five simple ingredients and is loaded with flavor! Perfect for hot Summer days when turning on the oven just isn’t an option. This recipe is tangy, sweet and incredibly delicious.
The whipped feta lends a slight tangy flavor that goes great with the sweet, juicy watermelon. Add the mild vinegar beets and crunchy pistachios and this dish is a winner! What’s better than a flavorful, easy to make recipe that everyone will love?
Personally, this recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. I used Love BEETS mild vinegar beets to really enhance the flavors in this dish. This beet and watermelon salad is light and healthy, which is a great way to begin any meal. Enjoy it with my shrimp linguine with roasted red pepper sauce for the perfect at-home dinner.
5 Ingredient Beet and Watermelon Salad
- food processor
- cookie cutter – optional
- 2 packages of Love BEETs mild vinegar beets 13 ounces
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 3 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- Remove the rind from the watermelon. Cut it into thick 2-inch slices. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut the melon into rings. I was able to get about 7 rings from my melon. Any extra melon can be cut up and eaten separately.
- Next, grab your food processor. Combine the feta cheese and whipped cream cheese. Blend for 4-5 minutes until smooth and creamy, no lumps. Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad:
- Grab a large platter and spread the whipped feta on the bottom of the platter.
- Layer the watermelon and beets on top of the whipped feta.
- Top with the crushed pistachios and serve!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!