This gluten free, banana chocolate chip mug muffin is the perfect way to start the morning! It is warm, chocolatey and oh so tasty.
One of the things I love most is that they are perfectly portioned for one. This allows me to sensibly indulge in a single-serving treat without the guilt. As an added bonus, by baking single-servings you’ll be less likely to throw away any extra uneaten muffins!
We’ve calculated the perfect ingredient ratio for you so you get that yummy muffin taste and texture we all love so much.
Health Fact: Celiacs disease is caused by the bodies immune system overreacting to the presence of gluten. This can cause inflammation and stomach upset in those who suffer from this disease.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serve 1
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 1/2 of a small or 1/3 of a large ripe banana (smashed)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Chocolate chips!
- In a small mixing bowl combine your cane sugar and vanilla flavoring. You’ll want the cane sugar to absorb the vanilla flavor.
- Next, you’ll mix your wet ingredients, milk, egg, and smashed banana. Blend well.
- Then, you will add in your baking powder and gluten free flour. Whisk until well blended.
- Gently fold some chocolate chips into the batter.
- Lightly spray a mug with cooking spray, and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the microwave for 60 seconds. Top with extra banana slices and a dash of cinnamon and serve immediately!
- Microwave time may vary based on the wattage of your machine.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish. Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO