This gluten free, banana chocolate chip mug muffin is the perfect way to start the morning! It is warm, chocolatey and oh so tasty.
One of the things I love most is that they are perfectly portioned for one. This allows you to sensibly indulge in a single-serving treat without the guilt. As an added bonus, by baking single-servings you’ll be less likely to throw away any extra uneaten muffins!
I’ve calculated the perfect ingredient ratio for you so you get that yummy muffin taste and texture we all love so much.
Health Fact: Celiacs disease is caused by the bodies immune system overreacting to the presence of gluten. This can cause inflammation and stomach upset in those who suffer from this disease.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serve 1
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 1/2 of a small or 1/3 of a large ripe banana (smashed)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Chocolate chips!
- In a small mixing bowl combine your cane sugar and vanilla flavoring. You’ll want the cane sugar to absorb the vanilla flavor.
- Next, you’ll mix your wet ingredients, milk, egg, and smashed banana. Blend well.
- Then, you will add in your baking powder and gluten free flour. Whisk until well blended.
- Gently fold some chocolate chips into the batter.
- Lightly spray a mug with cooking spray, and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the microwave for 60 seconds. Top with extra banana slices and a dash of cinnamon and serve immediately!
- Microwave time may vary based on the wattage of your machine.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!